There are many different ways to enjoy the health benefits of CBD from vaping to tinctures and even ointments. It seems like anything can be infused with CBD and although we don’t know if that’s true, we do know that CBD infused wine seems like a pretty good idea.
Health Benefits of Wine
It is generally understood that with moderate consumption, wine can have many health benefits. The American Heart Association defines moderate consumption as one to two four-ounce glasses a day.
The health benefits in wine come from an antioxidant that is found in the skin of grapes. This antioxidant, resveratrol, is found in much higher concentrations in red wine because they are in contact with the grape skins longer. Studies show that there are many health benefits produced by resveratrol, such as:
- Promoting heart health
- Lowering risk for diabetes
- Decreasing risk for cancer
- Promoting mental health
- Protecting teeth and aiding in dental health
- Protecting eyesight
Adding the Health Benefits of CBD
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound found in cannabis, like THC, that has been proven to have many health and medicinal benefits. But unlike THC, CBD produces no psychoactive effects in the user. By adding the benefits of CBD to red wines it increases the benefits of the wine in general.
CBD has many health benefits including but not limited to its uses for:
Brands Worth Trying
According to High Times Magazine, there are a few brands of Cannabis infused wine that are worth trying. Though it should be noted that the wines on this list are not yet available outside of California.
- CannaVines– Not yet available outside of Cannabis Tours, a wine and weed pairing tour of California, this company will soon be bringing their infused wines online to residents in California.
- Rebel Coast Winery– This wine is only available in the state of California and in any other state that allows the recreational use of marijuana. But their non-alcoholic wines promise 20mg of THC in every bottle and are advertised as making you feel giggly and uplifted.
- Greenway “Know Label” Wine Tinctures– This company is backed by a cancer survivor, singer, and cannabis advocate Mellissa Etheridge. The bottles themselves have no labels except for a small tag, which lets the consumer know the strain that was used, the year it was made, and the type of wine. So, every bottle is a different experience from the last. This is also only available in the state of California.
If you do not live in California but instead live in another recreational or medical state, you can expect one company to be available to you before the end of 2018. CBD Vines is a Texas-based winemaker. They are infusing their wines with CBD bringing all of the added benefits without any of the psychoactive effects of THC.
It will be available in Nevada, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, California, Washington, Oregon, Maine, Colorado, Florida, and Alaska by the end of the year. The company also hopes to bring their wines to all 50 states by the end of 2019.